The vision of Research and Project Office is to promote and enhance research capabilities by increasing awareness and collaboration with public and private institutions in both intra-national and international levels in the field of research and development and most importantly direct researchers deliver the right projects at the right time with the right resources. By functioning as an advocate and facilitator, the office will encourage and assist administrators, faculty, and leadership in engaging with the nonprofit, business, and government communities.
RPO is the designated pre-award and post-award administration office for the EPOKA University, providing top-quality support to the campus community's research, creative activity, and outreach initiatives. RPO identifies research opportunities and partnerships, facilitates the submission of all sponsored projects proposals on behalf of the University, negotiates and executes agreements, provides sponsored projects education and communication, and assists faculty, staff, and students in managing projects which are awarded to the University.
Some of the tasks that RPO does have are as follows:
- provides support for obtaining sponsored research funds and managing sponsored program activities;
- organizes projects cycles for internal projects including calls, collecting applications, assigning reviewers and monitoring implementation and budget usage;
- serves and guides the University on all aspects of sponsored programs administration by providing pre and post award services, training and information to research administration and funding;
- drafts policies, regulations and procedures concerning research activities;
- confirms requests for research funding;
- monitors financial transactions for completed work, services rendered and supply of equipment, materials and working tools for project coordinators;
- provides procedural support for the professional development of academic staff;
- assists in the publication of scientific journals and textbooks;
- supervises the administration and monitoring of internal and external research projects;
- assists in the preparation of applications for various local and international projects.